15. 2. 2018

The Norse Mythology aka fairy tales from the Norse


I'm not only only horror lover but also norse lover. And I don't talk about the hot norse men :D I love all the stories from vikings time. Of course, I love Vikings TV show. But I'm also interested in norse mythology. I mean the real one, not what Marvel shows us in his comics/movies. So I was very happy when I found out the book Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman is released in czech now. It was a bit hard to get it because it was sold out almost everywhere in the bookstores around. But I got my copy and I fell in love with this book...

What you can expect while reading this book. There are stories about the norse gods from the beginning till Ragnarök. You will find out how the world, gods  and people were created, how the tree Yggdrasil connects all the worlds, why Odin has only one eye, how Thor got his famous hammer Mjölnir, what problems Loki brought to all gods and many other stories from norse mythology world. The book ends with describing Ragnarök, the end of gods. At the end of the book you can also find the names of used characters and their description which helps a lot.

I would recommend this book to all fans of the Norse and everything around. It's fun and easy to ready it and you will find many new things about this world.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat