15. 2. 2020

Comic-Con Prague 8/2/2020


We missed this kind of event very long time in the Czech Republic. There are some smaller cons mostly focused on some parts of topics (such as fantasy). But finally we got everything in "one package". Fantasy, sci-fi, horror, comics and panels with actors, of course. I think for most of people, panels were the biggest reason to join COMIC-CON PRAGUE. Even it was the 1st comic con, they invited some cool famous names, such as Ron Perlman (Hellboy, Blade, Sons of Anarchy), John Rhys-Davies (The Lords of the Rings), Danny John-Jules (Red Dwarf), Brandon Routh (Superman, Legends of Tomorrow), Anna Shaffer (Harry Potter, The Witcher) and many many more.
I had ticket only for Saturday because I wasn't sure if it's worth it to be there for the whole weekend. And Saturday was also the most ineteresting day when we talk about the actors. It means it was also sold out long time before the comic con happened. And it seemed it will be very long day at comic con.


I met my friend after 9AM and we went inside. We bought something to drink and went to the place
where panels with actors were happening. Because from 10AM there was a panel with Vladimír Furdík aka The Night King from Game of Thrones. Honestly, he was one of the main reasons why I was there. He talked mostly about his stuntman carreer and about Game of Thrones as well. Furdík was born in Slovakia but he lives in the Czech Republic. After this panel we had a little break before our photo session time. We bought a photo with Furdík and I also bought an autograph from him. I have to say these photo sessions and autographs went really smooth and well. No-one was pushing or going crazy. Furdík was very nice personally. And he signed my Night King figure. 

My friend also took photo with David Nykl and then we were hurry to another panel with Ron Perlman. This was also very intersting talk. He talked also about shooting movies in the Czech Republic. Hellboy and Blade 2 were shooted here. He also mentioned my favourite director Guillermo del Toro. The room for this panel was full so we had to sit on the floor :D



After this panel we already stayed there for next two panels. The next one was with Brandon Routh and David Nykl. Brandon played Superman in 2006 and now he's playing on Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow. Honestly I'm not familiar with these. David Nykl was born in Czech but grew up in Canada. He's known for his role in Stargate Atlantis and also for Arrow. He's my friend favourite so we stayed there. Well, and what do I remember from this panel? How terrible was the host. He wasn't able to choose the right questions for the actors, mostly for Brandon. I was a bit sorry for Brandon. The host very often spoke czech since David Nykl speaks also czech. I think this was very disrespectful to Brandon. 


The next panel was with John Rhys-Davies aka Gimli from The Lord of the Rings. And this panel was simply amazing. Most of actors answered the questions with few sentences. But John Rhys had always a long monolog. And he was very funny. I loved his comments about Orlando Bloom :D I really laughed a lot during this panel.

 

After this we went for some food, we didn't eat anything since the morning and it was already 6PM. After the food we went to look at merch stands. I bought the Night King figure earlier but I wanted something more. At the end I bought Dracula comic made by original script of Bram Stoker's Dracula from 1993. I love the book and this movie. And the comic book is very nice. I also got another comic for free. 

Then we went to see cosplay contest. I always loved cosplay even I don't do any. And after that we saw the last panel with Predrag Bjelac. He played Igor Karkarov in Harry Potter so we got many stories from shooting of it. He's from Serbia but he speaks very well czech since he also stays here  sometimes and plays in some czech movies. 

I think the first year of Comic-Con Prague was very successful. I've read it was sold about 23 000 tickets. And I really wanna join Comic-Con also next year. But I think that next year it will be bigger "fight" for tickets. Many people didn't come because they weren't sure how it'll be. And now it got many good reviews. So see you in 2021 (I hope...)

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat