27. 12. 2017

My Top 5 albums in 2017

End of the year is always the time for some summary. This post will be about my top 5 albums released in 2017. In the next post you can expect my top 5 concerts or live shows ;)

Let's start with nr. 5....

5. The Rasmus - Dark Matters



The Rasmus is my long time music love. Even I don't listen to them so often as I did in my teenage years, they will have always place in my heart. Their music style nowdays is different from the style when I started to listen to them. Also the new album Dark Matters is sometimes more pop than rock. But anyway, I think it's really nice album and the new songs sound live better than I expected. I will write about their gig in the next post ;)


4. Stone Sour - Hydrograd



Band around Corey Taylor. I have never been big fan of Slipknot. I like some best known songs but that's all. But I'm a fan of his second band Stone Sour. They released their sixth album Hydrograd in summer and already the first released song Fabuless blew my mind. And Song #3 is definitely one of my fave songs. All I can say is that Corey's wife is lucky woman if he can write love song like this one :) I will also mention song St. Marie with some country feeling. But for the video I chose song Rose Red Violet Blue (This Song Is Dumb & So Am I) where you can spot also Steel Panther guys and well, just watch it and you will understand :D 


3. Battle Beast - Bringer Of Pain


Bands with female singers aren't my favourite. But there are some exceptions. Battle Beast is one of them. The powerful voice of Noora is incredible. And I really enjoy their latest album Bringer Of Pain. Songs like Straight To the Heart, King For A Day, Familiar Hell or Bastard Son Of Odin are my favourite on the album. Also Lost in Wars feat. Tomi Joutsen from Amorphis is very interesting piece and a bit different from the other songs. 


2. Beast In Black - Berserker


This wasn't love at the fist sight/hear. But I gave Beast in Black the second chance and it worked well. And after many listening to their debut album Berserker it became my second favourite album of this year. In some reviews I have read that the songs sound very similar and expect Yannis' incredible vioce this album isn't very different from the rest power metal albums. Well, maybe not. But the most important thing was said and that's Yannis' voice. I really hope I will be able to see these guys live asap. 


1. Septicflesh - Codex Omega


There aren't many death metal bands I listen to. But Septicflesh is unique with adding orchetra into their music. Well, it's not that unique at all but for me it makes the reason I listen to them. I also really like their concert look. I always say that the singer Seth looks like Dracula for me :D But talkig about the album Codex Omega, also the bonus tracks are something amazing. Those are only instrumental versions of the regular songs from the album but in this version they sound like some movie soundtrack. Simply beautiful. And I cannot wait to see them live in January. It will be my first gig in 2018 and you will definitely find an artical about it here. 


Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat