28. 12. 2017

My top 5 live experiences in 2017

First of all, I need to say it was really hard to choose only 5 concerts because year 2017 was full of amazing live experiences. But let's look at my chart...

5. HIM 

HIM stopped by in Prague during their farewell tour. And I have to admit they are in my top 5 just because it was probably the last time I saw them live. They played all the biggest hits and this brought me back in time. There are lots of nice and also bad memories from the time when I was 14-15 years old. So the whole gig made be a bit nostalgic and full of emotions. Also tears appeared during Join me song. So bye bye guys and thanks for making my teenage time a bit easier.

HIM in Prague, 2.12.2017

4. KISS

The hard rock veterans KISS visited Czech Republic in May. I always enjoy the pre-concert preparation. Because you need to go to see KISS in proper make-up, of course. There is one thing I will never forget about this gig. We have to run like million kilometres to the stage. But at the end it ended well and we were in the 2nd row. It was my 3rd time seeing KISS and I would rank this concert also as nr.3 of those. But you know, I wanna rock'n'roll all night and party every day...

KISS in Brno, 20.5.2017
 








3. Aerodrome festival - Linkin Park

And now one sad thing what happened this year. Aerodrome festival brought here some interesting bands like Simple Plan or Enter Shakari. But for me the most important band was Linkin Park. This band brought me into rock and heavy music and I have never seen them live before. So this was my first time and.... also the last time. A month after that, singer Chester commited suicide. We all were in shock. Because he looked so happy at the concert and he really enjoyed the gig. But you never know what is happening in someone's head. But back to the gig, I really enjoyed all the old hits. C'mon, I was 13 when I got Hybrid Theory album and was singing In The End out loud. But also the new songs sounded very nice live. So I ended listening to all Linkin Park's songs for the whole summer. So RIP Chester, I hope you feel better now. And... In the end it really matters....

Linkin Park at Aerodrome festival, 11.6.2017

2. The Rasmus

And I'm back with this finnish band. As I previously said The Rasmus was one of my first music loves. And even I don't listen to them regularly I always visit their gigs in Czech. Also because it's the opportunity to meet some old friends. Back to the concert, what a show! I'm always amazed what feelings their performance brings me. Mixture of nostalgia and happiness. And I still remember the lyrics of the old songs. Old music love nerver dies...

The Rasmus in Prague, 15.11.2017

1. Rock Heart festival with Lordi

Yeah, you didn't think I woudn't include anthing with Lordi, did you? :D Rock Heart festival was about more bands than Lordi, of course. But they were the reason to go there for me. It was actually my 21st gig of Lordi :D So really nothing can surprise me anymore. But finally after 5 years I took some photos with the band again. And I always enjoy the atmosphere at Lordi's performances here in Czech. As was said to me, Czech Republic is very good for Lordi and they always get good playing times at the festivals. And as we know they will play at Masters of Rock 2018. So see you there and up to my 30th gig, haha :D

Lordi at Rock Heart festival, 18.8.2017






At the end there are some other gigs that didn't fit into my top 5 but they have to be mentioned...

Silver Dust - Saw them twice this year. Once at solo gig and second as support band for Battle Beast. Always a pleasure to see those guys live. Great music and nice people. Cannot wait what 2018 will bring for them :)

Alter Bridge - The best gig musically so far. You can always be sure about the quality of the gig where is Myles Kennedy and Mark Tremonti.

Brother Firetribe - Once again, thank you Pekka for the dedication of the song for the bunch of my friends "Smeča" :D :D

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat