20. 7. 2018

Masters of Rock 12/7-15/7/2018


Masters of Rock, one of the biggest metal festival in Czech, was here. I don't visit here every year. I'm not into the festivals that much as some years ago. I go there only when there are some interesting bands to see. So I missed the last year. But this year there were many amazing bands. Lordi, of course, then my long music love Turisas, Powerwolf and Avatar and also Gene Simmons with his band. Many reasons to go. 


Thursday 12/7
It was the day of our arrival. We always stay at university college accommodation in Zlin. We came there around 2PM, unpacked our stuff and again this feeling you don't want to prepare yourself for the festival :D So we had some rest after long drive and then we started doing our make-up because POWERWOLF were headlining that day. We got into the areal around 7PM when Annihilator was playing. Nothing for us. So we took a look at the areal, looked at some stands and took some photos. 
close up make-up
with Nergal :D
We came in front of the stage before IN EXTREMO concert. Those crazy Germans :D I really enjoyed the show. 

It's interesting how some bands can grow so much in few years. I remember when POWERWOLF played in small venues or during the day time at the festivals. Now they are headliners. They came on the stage with intro Lupus Daemonis and started with Blessed&Possessed. Big fire show and a lot of hits, this is what you get at Powerwolf concert. We also heard new songs Demons Are Girl's Best Friends, Fire and  Forgive and in live premiere Incense&Iron. Amazing concert as always. I can't wait for their solo concert in Prague in autumn, even more when there will be also Kissin' Dynamite.
After the show we had to wait for the train back to Zlin. So I met with Sara and had some chat. We got to bed at 4AM. 

Powerwolf setlist
1. Blessed & Possessed
2. Army of the Night
3. Resurrection by Erection
4. Amen & Attack
5. Demons Are a Girl's Best Friend
6. Dead Boys Don't Cry
7. Armata Strigoi
8. Let There Be Night
9. All We Need Is Blood
10. Fire and Forgive
11. Werewolves of Armenia
12. Incense & Iron (Live premiere)
13. Sanctified With Dynamite
14. We Drink Your Blood
15. Lupus Dei



Friday 13/7
Friday was just relax day. I was interesting only into Turisas that day. We woke up quite late and most of day stayed in Zlin and had a lunch there. Then I went to festival to see TURISAS. They played after 6PM. I haven't seen them for o long time. It's a pity they don't tour so much nowdays. Because their concerts are always amazing. And also our friend Kasper plays the keyboard there. Always nice to see him :) Turisas again showed me why I like them. I listen to them for a long time and I wish I will see them live soon again. 

Turisas setlist
1. The March of the Varangian Guard
2. A Portage to the Unknown
3. To Holmgard and Beyond
4. We Ride Together
5. Hunting Pirates
6. In the Court of Jarisleif
7. Sahti-Waari
8. Battle Metal
9. Stand Up and Fight
10. Rasputin



Saturday 14/7
Saturday was Lordi day. We had to choose between backstage and the 1st row. It was a hard decision :D We chose the 1st row so it meant to be at the festival quite early. We came before 10AM and our waiting just started. It also means we saw most of the bands that day. I'm not into czech bands that much. So it was good that czech bands GATE CRASHER and DOGA, that was playing that day, were quite good. From the other bands I really enjoyed BLOODBOUND, THE UNITY and AVATAR, of course. AVATAR and LORDI, it was killer duo. I knew Avatar's concert will be fucking amazing. Glory to the king! I like playing this kind of games with the bands. When there  is some story and image behind them and not only the music. They played lots of hit songs, of course. But somehow I simply love the slow song called Tower. So happy it stayed in the setlist also for the festivals.

Avatar setlist
1. A Statue of the King
2. Let It Burn
3. Paint Me Red
4. King's Harvest
5. Bloody Angel
6. Reload
7. For the Swarm
8. Tower
9. The Eagle Has Landed
10. Smells Like a Freakshow
11. The King Welcomes You To Avatar Country
12. Hail the Apocalypse


And then there was time for LORDI, finally. The endless waiting was at over. I was so excited for many reasons. How will the new songs sound like? How will the new costumes look like? So many questions. And the the answer for all was AMAZING. It was cool to see full Lordi show with the pyros and flames. Since Lordi plays mostly in the small venues nowdays, they can't have it. Especially Naked In My Cellar will be live hit. This was my 22nd Lordi concert and nothing can surprise me anymore :D But I'm always happy when Mr. Lordi recognizes us in the 1st row and points at us at the same moments of the songs. He's such a sweetheart. And talking about Amen and OX. We always have our moments :D My lovely monsters, you are the best band and will follow you forever. I cannot wait for Lordi tour in autumn and what amazing memories will bring it again. 

Lordi setlist
1. Sexorcism 
2. Who's Your Daddy? 
3. This Is Heavy Metal
4. Naked in My Cellar
5. The Riff
Bass Solo
6. Bite It Like a Bulldog
7. Your Tongue's Got the Cat
8. It Snows in Hell
9. Blood Red Sandman
10. Hug You Hardcore
11. Hard Rock Hallelujah
12. Devil Is a Loser
13. Would You Love a Monsterman?


For more Lordi photos and videos go to my Monsterland fanpage on facebook.

After Lordi there was UDO DIRKSCHNEIDER playing. But because of the long waiting we had no more power and also we were hungry so we left the 1st row and watched the gig on the big screen in the beer tent. And we saw Mr. Lordi also joined Udo on the stage. Then we took taxi back to Zlin.

Waiting for Lordi :D
Sunday 15/7
Well, Sunday was mainly about GENE SIMMONS and how to meet him. I think I will write the separate article about the competition and our feelings and how it was standing on the stage with him. Even when you know Lordi members are watching you :D And because all of this we just saw part of KORPIKLAANI concert. Czech people love Kopiklaani because they sound like typical beer band here in Czech. I don't mind. It's always big party with them. And they also accidentally appeared on the stage with Gene :D Funny times...

Okay, that's it. It's over. It was cool again. I don't know if I will go next year. I will see what bands will there. So maybe...

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat