15. 6. 2018

Prague Rocks 13/6/2018


When they confirmed HOLLYWOOD VAMPIRES are coming to Czech, I coudn't be happier. And of course, they will support OZZY OSBOURNE on his last (?) tour. Well, I have never been fan of Ozzy but he is this kind of musician you wanna see live at least once. So visiting this concert was sure thing. Later we got know it will be kind of small festival also with JONATHAN DAVIS from Korn and spanish band LORDS OF BLACK. So okay, why not? 

The day started bad. It was raining since the morning and it was sure that there will be mud everywhere. It was open air. So I decided to wear my heavy boots even I really don't like to wear them for a long time. But it was good decision. We arrived around 2PM and there were already people waiting. The gates were opened at 4PM and we got in the 4th row. Quite good I would say. But what the hell? Are the LORDS OF BLACK already playing? They should start at 4:45PM. So they were playing and people were just going through the gates. No one said anything about the time changing. Well, and it wasn't only problem that evening. Not for us, but I read that some people were waiting over 2 hours before they got into the festival. Really not nice. Idk what happened there but it's not nice when you pay that price and you didn't see 2 bands because time changing and prombles at the gates. 

Well, back to music. LORDS OF BLACK was very nice live. Only bad they had almost no audience. They deserved more because their music is really entertaining. 
JONATHAN DAVIS released solo album so he sang the songs mostly from it. But he also added the
songs from the movie Queen of the Damned where he took part in the soundtrack. Davis has his specific performing and voice and I'm not big fan of that. His performance was interesting but nothing I would listen to it at home.
For me the stars nr. 1 were HOLLYWOOD VAMPIRES. Alice Cooper, Joe Perry and Johnny Depp, of course. I will not lie, Johnny was the reason I had to be at this event. Being his fan for very long time and I doubt I will ever have a chance to see him live again. Especially in Czech because we don't have such cons or whatever where you can meet actors. I was curious how he will look because there were photos of him looking bad. But you know? HE LOOKS FUCKING AMAZING! And he isn't only "that actor" in the
band. He looked like he was enjoying the time on the stage. And of course, also Alice Cooper and rest of the band was amazing. But when Alice isn't? They played old rock hits of the music mates. Mostly from those who are dead now, like Ace of Spades from Motorhead, Heroes from David Bowie, The Jack from AC/DC or Five to One/Break on Through from The Doors. Their set ended with Cooper's Schools Out and Another Brick in the Wall from Pink Floyd. I'm so happy I could be there and saw it by my own eyes.



OZZY OSBOURNE is a music legend. No doubt about it. I have to admit he wasn't just on old musician behind the mike. The stage was full of him. Also his band was really great. Especially Zakk Wylde on the guitar. He's a big star by himself. We stayed for half an hour of Ozzy's concert and then we left to buy some food. We were in the front row really long and we were really hungry. So sorry Ozzy :D  


Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat