20. 10. 2018

My music evolution

This might be a bit longer article but I think it can be interesting for some. I was brosing my old blog and found the post about my music evolution. So this is basically translation of it. So I have Linkin Park in my ears to get into the right mood and let's start....
I will not write about the time when I was really little because there was no specific music I listened to. In my 10 I listened to Spice Girls and Backstreet Boys. Yeah, but it was very popular that time :D 

Years 1998-2001: In this time there were only one band ruling czech pop music. They called Lunetic and it was a boy band. Gosh, how I loved them. I had all their cassettes (!!!), also a T-shirt and books. Posters all over my room. I even was at their concert with my mum :D This was really crazy era. But they broke up in 2002 so my love ended with that. But I have to say you something. Few days ago I was at their concert. They do 20th anniversay tour and it was really fun. I even remember some songs. 
In this time I also listened to Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera or Shakira. BUT in 2000 Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory was realesed. What a thing! This probably started my heavy music era. 

Years 2001-2003: Still with Linkin Park. I had their CDs and loved them. And I also listened to Avril Lavigne, for example. It was pretty sure I will be no hip hop or techno fan. 

Year 2003: Very important moment. Because I saw In The Shadows video by The Rasmus in TV. I got their Dead Letters album from a friend and it was done. My 1st big music love and it lasts till now. A bit earlier I also found HIM. I liked HIM but The Rasmus was always nr. 1 for me. 
I also listened to Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Pink or Placebo.

Year 2005: The Rasmus announced the concert in Prague and I was there. It was the best concert I ever was till that.... and it was easy because before that I only saw Lunetic live :D In this time also my love for Finland slowly started. 

Year 2006: I met some The Rasmus czech fans on the forum also travelled to see TR in Slovakia or another czech festival where I met TR for the 1st time. And I also liked some other finnish bands like Apocalyptica, Negative and Uniklubi.

My 1st TR meeting
In this year also Lordi won the Eurovision. I knew that but I wasn't that much interested. Everything should come later...
I also liked bands like 4Lyn and Three Days Grace (still like a lot!)
At the end of 2006 I found german band called Oomph! It's also time when I started to listen to more metal music.

Year 2007: I saw Oomph! live at the festival in Prague. I remember next to the festival there was a theme park and I, some of my friends and Dero, the singer of Oomph!, went there and rode some roller-coaster. Yeah, it really happened. I also have some photos from there somewhere :D They were and still are very nice guys in person.

Dero after roller-coaster ride
In summer 2007 I also visited Helsinki, Finland for the first time. We visited some concerts there, for example Poets of the Fall
In November I visited Apocalyptica gig in Prague. And after the show I also met Apocalyptica guys for the fist time. After that I met them many times and I can say how much this changed after they started those paying meet&greet. But back to 2007, I was so happy I met those guys. And I also visited concert of Lovex, for example.

With Apocalyptica guys, 1st meeting

Year 2008: In March I was at HIM concert. I only remember I didn't enjoy this concert a lot. Because it was really hot at that venue and the crowd was so crazy and pushed me from all the sides. So in the half the gig I had to leave my place and watch the rest from the balcony. 
I also listened to Buller for my Valentine.
But in July something happened. Something what changed my life and still changing it. Yes. Lordi played in Czech for the first time. That time I listened to them a lot. But the fist live experience changed everything. And what is probably more important I met my best friend there. For those who don't know the story... I was there with some other friends and she was there alone. I was waiting in the queue for autograph session and she just came to us and asked if she can join us. So this is how all our adventure started. That was funny time. When we finally got to Lordi I got Amen the picture of him I drew, lol :D 

Amen with my picture :D
I still listened to more finnish bands like Turisas or Charon. And I also visited Masters of Rock festival for the 1st time where Apocalyptica and Oomph! played. 
In summer I was again in Finland and visited Ankkarock festival with Amorphis and Apocalyptica.
Later I visited winter Masters of Rock where Lordi played and took my first photo with Mr. Lordi.

My 1st Lordi photo
Year 2009: In March Lordi finally came to Czech for some solo gigs. And this time I can really say I met the whole band for the first time. But only without costumes. For some photos I had to wait a bit longer. But you know, maybe this was more worth for me. Because I know someone remembers this moment and maybe more than I do :D 
This year I also saw Rammstein live for the first time. Okay, I have to admit Rammstein concerts were and still are the best music experiences for me. 

Year 2010: And Oomph! again. They finally came for the solo concert. And I also saw KISS for the first time :) What I would like to mention it's a gig of Slash in Prague that year. And I also met Slash after the gig and he signed the setlist I got after the concert :) 

Slash after the concert in Prague
Well, I probably will end here. Because after that I started to listen to bands I still listen to. Those are bands like Amon Amarth, Avatar, Powerwolf, Septicflesh, Ghost and I still love a lot of bands from my past and will see them live very soon. 

And some numbers for the ending. How often I saw my realy fave bands:
Lordi 25x
Apocalyptica 10x
The Rasmus 8x
Oomph! 4x

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat