13. 1. 2019

Behemoth! + At the Gates + Wolves in the Throne Room in Prague 12/1/2019


Maybe I should start this report somehow like "The day was dark. The hell opened its gates and BEHEMOTH! arrived to Prague to perform their dark mass." Well, I don't see Behemoth like the satanist band first. I think the lyrics are more about the criticism of Christianity. At least I don't consider me to be a satanist but atheist. After all, Behemoth concert was well spent time with amazing music. 

We didn't plan to be somewhere in the front so we arrived around 7PM, bought a drink and waited for the first band of the evening. WOLVES IN THE THRONE ROOM is black metal band from the USA. Honestly, I'm not big fan of this pure black metal style. I always had problem with the singing, not the music itself. So I really enjoyed they played only 30 minutes. Sorry, it's just not my cup of tea.

The second band was AT THE GATES from Sweden. I have never seen this band live and I have listened to some their songs that day before the concert. And I really liked them live. Death metal is something what Sweden really can do. Definitely I have nothing against to see them somewhere in the future.


BEHEMOTH! Finally! I really waited long time to see this band live. They play here very often. But for many reason I have never gone to see them. The intro started with screening of Czech Republic map with the reverse cross on it. Oh, I really liked it! They started with the new song Wolves ov Siberia. The setlist was mixed with some new and old songs. From the new album I Loved You At Your Darkest they played also God=DogEcclesia Diabolica CatholicaWe Are the Next 1000 Years and amazing Bartzabel. This song has just something special in it. Also Nergal was wearing a hat as a pope... a dark pope in his case, of course. Setlist includes other amazing songs like Ora Pro Nobis LuciferBlow Your Trumpets GabrielDaimonos or Lucifer. The show was full of flames and smokes and everything what belongs to such a concert. 


It was a bit different concert I usually go to. Different kind of music and also very different atmosphere. During this concert you mostly don't jump around etc. Or you can but.... I only could enjoy the music (sometimes with my eyes closed) and watch the show... and Nergal, of course :D 

I know it's a shitty photo but I loved that hat!


Setlist
1. Wolves ov Siberia
2. Daimonos
3. Ora Pro Nobis Lucifer
4. Bartzabel
5. Ov Fire and the Void
6. God = Dog
7. Conquer All
8. Ecclesia Diabolica Catholica
9. Decade of Therion
10. Blow Your Trumpets Gabriel
11. Slaves Shall Serve
12. Chant for Eschaton 2000
-------------------
13. Lucifer
14. We Are the Next 1000 Years

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat