11. 2. 2018

Stephen King is my king


I decided to start another topic on this blog. Because I love reading books I just need to share some thoughts with you. So I will write here something about my fave books, some reviews and maybe something about the writers. And I will start with my most favourite writer of all.... STEPHEN KING

My King addiction started at the high school when I was 16-17 years old. I still remember how I borrowed 'Salem's Lot (my first S.K. book) in a local library. The story was about the vampires and it got me. To read his next books was only question of time. For a long time my fave book of him was IT. I believe IT is one of the favourite books for most of S.K. readers. It's a classic book and "must read" also for non King's fans. 
But one day, on my friends' recommendations, I opened the book called The Gunslinger, the first book of The Dark Tower serie. I have heard how amazing this serie is and it's the most important thing what Stephen King has ever written. It took me 9 months to read all seven books (or eight if you count The Wind Through the Keyhole) and it was fucking ride. It's really hard to describe how amazing story it is. Only I can say is that you really need to read this if you wanna understand Stephen King's book world. Maybe you know the movie called The Dark Tower but believe me, it has nothing to do with the books. 
When I finnished The Dark Tower books I created a challenge for me. To read all Stephen King books which was realeased in czech language. So I'm working on it with reading Shining now. 

List of books I have read:
  • Carrie
  • 'Salem's Lot
  • The Stand
  • The Running Man
  • Pet Sematary
  • IT
  • Insomnia
  • The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon
  • Cell
  • Joyland
  • Apt Pupil
  • Night Shift
  • Full Dark, No Stars
  • The Bazaar of Bad Dreams
  • The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger, The Drawing of the Three, The Waste Lands, Wizard and Glass, Wolves of Calla, Song of Susannah, The Dark Tower, The Wind Through the Keyhole

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat