26. 5. 2018

Review: Lordi- Sexorcism (2018)


The ninth Lordi album "Sexorcism" is out. Since the name and cover were revealed we were a bit afraid about the album topic. We love horror topics in Lordi songs. But what if the album will be only about sex? Will it be the same Lordi we love? Well, at the end the sex topic isn't so hot in the album. Along with typical horror songs we got classic melodic hard rock with catchy choruses. So everything we expect from Lordi.

I have to admit the last album "Monstereophonic" haven't left big impress on me. I like some songs but in general it's not my fave Lordi album. I like the Demonarchy part more so I'm quite happy that this heavy sound is also on "Sexorcism". My fave tracks are 'Romeo Ate Juliet' and opening track 'Sexorcism'. It's interesting that 'Your Tongue's Got The Cat' was choosen as the first single. Because it's the most different song from the all on the album. It's also the slowest song there. But video song 'Naked In My Cellar' fits much more to the concept of the album. Most of the songs will perfectly work live at the concerts. I can imagine sing them along out loud. But there is always one song I don't know if I like it or not. This time it's 'The Beast Is Yet To Cum'. Not sure about Mr. Lordi's singing style in verses but the chorus is again great. I think I will need more time for this song. It's also interesting that many great songs are in the second half of the album. Like 'Hot&Satanned' and 'Sodomesticated Animal' are amazing. Song 'Polterchrist' is typical Lordi sond with probably the most horror theme on this album. Then we have also some filler songs like 'Slashion Model Girls'. I can't say I don't like them but it's like you listen to them but that's all. No big impress. 

I think I will rank "Sexorcism" to the most fave Lordi albums. Not my most favourite but very high. I really like the sound of the keyboards there. And I cannot wait to hear those songs live. Which will happen very soon at Masters of Rock festival. Lordi is gonna play July 14th there. 

Tracklist:
1. "Sexorcism" 6:52
2. "Your Tongue's Got the Cat" 4:45
3. "Romeo Ate Juliet" 4:21
4. "Naked in My Cellar" 4:45
5. "The Beast Is Yet to Cum" 4:50
6. "Polterchrist" 5:23
7. "SCG9: The Documented Phenomenon" 1:14
8. "Slashion Model Girls" 5:25
9. "Rimskin Assassin" 4:50
10. "Hell Has Room" 5:04
11. "Hot & Satanned" 4:33
12. "Sodomesticated Animal" 4:23
13. "Haunting Season" 6:15


Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat