7. 6. 2018

Metalfest 1/6-3/6/2018 (Pilsen, Czechia)


Alestorm
It's again time of the year when the summer festivals start. Metalfest was always more about spending time with my friends than seeing all the bands. Even there are always some bands I want to see. Well, this year it was really few bands so I just took it easy. But there was a problem with finding accommodation. I'm not really tent person. Not that I coudn't sleep in. But for some experiences when I was freezing during summer I just decided not to sleep in the tent and book some normal accommodation instead. Because Metalfest is more and more popular (will write about it later) it was impossible to find any hotel/pension/what ever in Pilsen. So we had to book pension in a small village near Pilsen. But we had a car so who cares?

Freedom Call 
The first day, Friday, we arrived in late afternoon, just during BRAINSTORM concert set. We went for some drinks and came back in front of stage to see FREEDOM CALL. I stayed for half of their set and then went to visit my friends in the Metalfest merch stand where they worked. The rest of our group stayed in front of stage because they wanted to see NIGHTWISH. I have seen NIGHTWISH twice and they are always very cool band to watch. Every year their concerts are better and better. And this time the visual part of the concert was just fantastic. Will think if I gonna see them in Prague in Dec. Before Nightwish there was SONATA ARCTICA playing and... well, for me this band is so boring that I was watching the concert from a long distance and chatting with my other friend who I haven't seen for a long time. When I was talking about Metalfest is more and more popular you could see it this year very well. Normally you could sit down on the bench without any problem, you always found some place where you could watch the concerts (Metalfest is placed in amphitheatre). But this year it was terrible. Too much people, no place where to chill. They said there were around 15 thousand people this year. It's almost twice more than previous years. I don't know if I will wanna go there again just to have fun with friends.
The second day, Saturday, we took it easy. We had luch in Pilsen town and came to the area before CREMATORY set (around 4PM). Yeah, no problem with this band. Nice to watch and listen to. But I was curious about EQUILIBRIUM. I like this pagan/folk metal and I enjoyed the show very much. Crazy Germans. Then LACUNA COIL. I was also curious about this one. I have never seen them live and I've heard only good reviews on them. Well, I wasn't excited at all. 
Lacuna Coil
We were a bit bored so we left for some food and drinks and stayed chilling on the grass far from the stage. The last band was ACCEPT. It's a band you always like to see. One of the heavy metal legend. The place was again full for their set, same as for Nightwish a day before. We had a luck and security let us leave the areal in other way than official so we didn't have to push with this big crowd.
The last day, Sunday, we have to leave our accommodation so we were in the areal quite soon. Just when XANDRIA was playing. I will never be a fan for those symphonic metal bands with female singers. Just no. CYHRA is a heavy supergroup with members of other metal bads, like Amaranthe, In Flames and Axxis. It's a new band (formed in 2017) and their set was really nice. When we talk about bands, Sunday was the best day. Because after Cyhra there was BATTLE BEAST playing. BB is one of my fave bands. I love Noora's voice and all the energy you get at the concert. Then we went to buy something for eat so we saw only the end of the ALESTORM concert... and their giant duck. Because we wanted to see Apocalyptica from somewhere close we decided to stay in front of the stage. So we saw RAGE. Well, I woudn't listen to their CD at home but their performance was okay. And it seems they will have new guitarist in the future :D 
Rage
Time for the last two bands. ELUVEITIE is again the band I really like. They changed the line up since I saw them for the last time. But they sound still amazing. And yeah, I have Chrigel's pick :) Only thing was all those crowd surfing people. Ok, I understand it. It's fun. Ok, I didn't enjoy my fave song that much. BUT PLEASE, you boys in the kilts, wear your underwear!!! No one is excited to see your asses and more!!! 
Eluveitie
For APOCALYPTICA we got in the first row. Apocalyptica, my long time favourite band. I saw them for the first time in 2007 and it was also the first band I met its members. So many memories go with the band. It was always pleasure to see them live. And so was at Metalfest. They played songs from their first album 'Play Metallica by four cellos' and it was amazing to hear all those old hits. Even Perttu was really sick, they made amazing show and finished the Metalfest very well. 
Apocalyptica

We will see if I will visit Metalfest next year. It really starts to be very crowded and uncomfortable. It's also the reason I don't visit Masters of Rock every year now. But let's see...

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat