23. 3. 2019

Hudební ceny Evropy 2 - The Rasmus 21/3/2019


The czech radio Evropa 2 celebrated its birthday on Thursday 21st March. They always arrange some kind of awards for czech music scene. And this time they invited finnish band THE RASMUS. They won the award for Legendary act and performed short set at the after party. Even it was quite strange event for me I decided to go. Because why to loose the opportunity to see my fave band, right? :D

The night opened some drumming show and then kind of stand-up performance of one radio presenter. Well, I could miss those two acts, to be honest :D 

After that popular czech band CHINASKI played also short set of their biggest hits. I normally don't listen to any radio. But long time ago I sometimes used to listen to Chinaski and it was quite nice throwback for me. And they are also quite entertaining live. So yeah, it was nice spent time. And I also sang some old hits of the band. 


Then Evropa 2 crew was introduced for us while the technicians were preparing the stage for THE RASMUS. So we saw many faces known from TV screen. But the introducing was longer than it was planned. So The Rasmus started their set later. 
The whole concert had really bad sound. Expacially Lauri's mike. If I didn't know the lyrics I wouldn't understand what he sings. After the first song it got a bit better but it wasn't perfect. The band seemed to be in a good mood. They smiled all the time. Lauri also mentioned their first visit in Prague in 1997 and how he was introduced into Becherevka (typical czech liquer). They played mostly well know hits like First Day of My Life, Guilty, Sail Away and In the Shadows, of course. But they also added new stuff Holy Grail and Wonderman. Because they started later their set was about only 40 mins long. Well, it's better than nothing, of course.

I didn't expect a lot from this event. It was only opportunity to see my favourite band in the city I live in. And also to meet some "old" friends of mine. Also people in the crowd weren't typical Rasmus' fans. There were a lot of them but not the whole crowd. The people didn't party and sing a lot. So I cannot wait for October this year when The Rasmus will play in Prague again. And it will be only their gig and they will play whole Dead Letters album, plus some other hits. This will be the main concert for me. And I'm sure I will enjoy it a lot. 

Setlist
1. First Day of My Life
2. Guilty
3. Living In the World Without You
4. Sail Away
5. Wonderman
6. Holy Grail
7. In the Shadows
------------------------
8. Justify







 


Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat