31. 3. 2019

Oomph! + Heldmachine live in Prague 29/3/2019


First of all I would like to describe my relationship with this band. I started to listen to OOMPH! like 13 years ago. I also started a fanpage which is still linked on band's offical website (how cool is that, ha?). Even I lost my way to this band trough the years few times I always found the way back. And Oomph! was, are and will be my beloved band. And that I met guys many times personally, this makes a lot, too. They are one of the nicest people ever. After all those years they are still nice to their fans as at the time I met them for the first time. And thanks to my fanpage, when I was translating their german lyrics, I also practised my german a lot. I graduated from german language at highschool (not english). And I really think that german is a nice language. So everytime I hear "german is so awful" I always think "you know nothing".... But back to this concert. This was my fifth time I saw Oomph! live. But this time I also bought VIP upgrade because I wanted to be in the front line. And it showed to be a good move. Because without that you had no chance to be in the front. But still it was quite a fight. But let's talk about this later....
We got an information to be at the place at 4PM, so we arrived a while before that time. We got our VIP cards and waited to go inside for the soundcheck. We saw a part of soundcheck and after that we took a photo in front of stage.


After that we had to go outside but it was said to us to come back before the doors will open oficially. So we tried to stay somewhere close because there were quite a lot of people for VIP and it was clear that not everyone will fit into the first row. And at this moment we had a little argument with the agency who arranged the VIP thing. There were 3 VIP options. Every option had different extras. I and my friends bought the cheapest option (soundcheck, photo and early entry). All options have written early entry so we thought that it's the same for everyone. But it turned out that not. Obviously the more expensive options should go first to the place of concert. So we started arguing that it wasn't written etc. Well, you can image it. In the end when they let us in we just went and didn't listen to them :D Even the security guy didn't control what VIP option we have so f*ck off :D So after this sftressful situation we got into the first row...


After long time of waiting the support band HELDMACHINE came on stage. Heldmachine used to be a tribute band for Rammstein. So you can probably image their sound. If you like this kind of music you should check them.  During one song the singer Rene was wearing kind of necklace with laser pointers. Really cool thing. I have to say I really enjoyed their gig. After a long time we saw some very good support.

OOMPH! concert started with intro which was taken from Coppola's Dracula movie (one of my favourite film). The first song was "TRRR-FCKN-HTLR" from the new album Ritual. Powerful track for starting the concert. The songs from setlist were chosen from almost all Oomph! albums. So we could even hear "Der Neue Gott" and "Mein Herz" from their first album Oomph! which was released in 1992. But also radio hits "Labyrinth", "Träumst du", "Gott ist ein Popstar", "Das weisse Licht" or "Gekreuzigt". From the new album I was looking for "Im Namen des Vaters". This concert was the last regular concert of the tour (next day they played in Poland but it was at some festival). Everytime when the bands end the tour something interesting happens. For example the boys from Heldmachine strated to throw the underpants on the stage during "Kein Liebeslied". So it happened that some of Oomph! members played the rest of this song with panties on their heads. Or the crew guys changed the guitars. So Crap played Flux' one and Flux Crap's. Crap looked really suprised at first but then he was laughing during whole "Mein Schatz" song. In the middle of the concert only Dero and keyboard player stayed on stage and performed "Fieber" and "Das letzte Streichholz" acoustically. This was so beautiful moment that took a video of it.


Of course they didn't forget to play the biggest hit "Augen Auf". But I missed "Sex hat keine Macht" a bit. The bass player Hagen had his birthday that day. Before the last song Dero with the whole audience sang him "Happy Birthday". You can watch this moment on my instagram account.

The concert was almost 2 hours long. That's what I call a perfect gig. And even I felt sick I couldn't stop party for the whole set. It's amazing how after all those years Oomph! is still strong and powerful. And I think that it's maybe even stonger now. When I remember the last solo concert in Prague it was in 2009 and it wasn't so packed. This time it was sold out and the promoters even moved the concert to the bigger venue. I'm so happy that Oomph! still have this big fanbase (although many people were from abroad). I can't wait to see them again live. And I heard it could be at Masters of Rock 2020 so we'll see....

Setlist
1. TRRR - FCKN - HTLR
2. Labyrinth
3. Träumst Du
4. Jetzt oder nie
5. Der neue Gott
6. Mein Herz
7. Das weisse Licht
8. Tausend Mann und ein Befehl
9. Niemand
10. Kein Liebeslied
11. Auf Kurs
12. Fieber/Das letzte Streichholz
13. Gott ist ein Popstar
14. Gekreuzigt
15. Alles aus Liebe
16. Im Namen des Vaters
17. Jede Reise hat ein Ende
18. Kleinstadtboy
19. Sandmann
20. Augen auf!
----------------
21. Mein Schatz
Happy Birthday (to Hagen)
22. Als wärs das letzte Mal











Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat