24. 4. 2019

Poets of the Fall live in Prague 23/4/2019


Let me tell you something about this cool band. It was really long ago when I discovered finnish band POETS OF THE FALL. Actually it was a time when I finished my high school and I also visited Finland for the first time. And on my second visit in 2008 I had a chance to see this band live twice (once at Ankkarock festival and once at their solo concert in Helsinki). To be honest I don't remember a lot from those events. And also I lost my way to this band after that. I have to admit I'm not so familiar with the new stuff. But when they announced european tour I was pretty sure I need to see them again.... after 11 years it was about the time :D 
So Poets of the Fall arrived to Prague on 23rd April. It was also their first gig in the Czech Republic. I know many fans were waiting to see this band for so long time. And finally this day came. And Roxy club was full. I would say it was almost sold out (the capacity is around 800 people).

They brought german support band called BLACKOUT PROBLEMS. For me it was just time fulfilled by some music. I wasn't impressed at all. This is not my style of music.


POETS OF THE FAll support the latest album Ultraviolet which was released last year. So they played the most songs from that album, like the singles "Dancing on Broken Glass" and "False Kings". The guys seemed to be in really good mood and were enjoying the performance a lot. The 
singer Marko was always a great showman and it was always fun to watch him. But the rest of band completed the show. Guitarist Olli and Jaska were also doing a great show. BUT the bass player Jani was the man. He with Marko always make the crowd crazy. Of course I have to mention that Marko is also amazing singer and you woudn't recognize the difference between the live show and the audio on the album. The guitarists also had really cool solo time. The audience showed a lot of love to the guys. I'm not sure if they expected such a warm welcome. They seemed to be a bit surprsed at first but how the concert were continuing they were really enjoying the atmosphere. How I previously said I was looking mostly for old hits. So I loved they played songs "Lift", "Locking Up the Sun" and "Carnival of Rust".

I was happy to see this band after so long time. And I really hope they will fulfil the promise and this wasn't their last time playing in the Czech Republic.

You can see few short videos on my instagram account.

Playlist
1. Dreaming Wide Awake
2. Dancing on Broken Glass
3. False Kings
4. Temple of Thought
5. Rogue
6. Standstill
7. The Sweet Escape
8. My Dark Disquiet
9. The Game
10. Kamikaze Love
11. War
12. Choice Millionaire
13. Lift
---------------
14. Shadow Play
15. Daze
16. Locking Up the Sun
17. Carnival of Rust













Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat