13. 6. 2019

Slipknot live in Prague 11/6/2019


First of all I wanna say I'm not a hardcore fan of SLIPKNOT. I know mostly their hits and maybe some more. Till the last moment I wasn't sure if I will attend this concert. But few days before I was reading some posts at facebook event and someone was selling the seat ticket with a good view, so I said "why not? Let's go there.". Slipknot was in my list "must to see live". So I met the guy who sold me the ticket and on Tuesday 11.6. I was sitting in O2 Arena in Prague and waiting for Slipknot concert. 
I arrived to the arena before 8PM and there were still a lof of people waiting to get inside. I was a bit nervous because I took my camera with me. But they let me inside without any problem. So I bought a drink and found my place.
The support band was CODE ORANGE. I already saw this band as a support for System of a Down last year. And well, it was the same... the same bad as the last time. I don't know. Maybe I just don't understand this kind of metal. I just like more melodic stuff and in this music there was no melody at all. And when I looked around me I wasn't the only one who didn't like it.


SLIPKNOT should start to play at 21:15 but they were a bit late. They started with "People=Shit" and the crowd went crazy. As I said I had my camera so I shot some videos. HERE you can watch the video from begining of concert. I could say I have never seen so crazy crowd in O2 Arena. The arena was almost sold out. Slipknot are simply one of the most popular metal bands nowdays. But since the first song we knew that the sound won't be good. The worst thing was that it didn't get better for a whole concert. Hard to say where was the problem. Sometimes it was hard to recognize what song they are playing or what Corey is talking. What a pity! Because the stage and show was amazing! The setlist was based mostly on older songs like "(sic)", "Get This", "Disasterpeice" or "Prosthetics". Fans went crazy with well known 'When you're 555, then I'm 666' in "The Heretic Anthem" song. We also heard some new stuff "All out Life" and "Unsainted". You really don't know where to look on the stage. All the band members are really funny to watch. Especially DJ Sid who is running and dancing. But also Shawn "clown" who I was watching mostly during the concert. I also really like the guitarist Jim Root. I met him and Corey once after Stone Sour concert and they are really kind and nice men. Slipknot didn't forget to play also their biggest hits "Before I Forget", "Psychosocial" and "Duality". And during "Split it Out" I could see the famous 'Jump the fuck up' thing. Video of this moment is on my instagram


I'm really glad I went to this concert. I enjoyed it a lot. Only thing the sound was really really bad. But the show and the atmosphere were simply amazing. But the best and touching moment came at the end of the concert when Shawn came on stage to throw the drumsticks. He came with his children and they threw the drumsticks to the crowd. Some of you may know that his another daughter died just few days before the tour has started. 

Setlist
1. People = Shit
2. (sic)
3. Get This
4. Unsainted
5. Disasterpiece
6. Before I Forget
7. The Heretic Anthem
8. Psychosocial
9. The Devil in I
10. Prosthetics
11. Vermilion
12. Custer
13. Sulfur
14. The Negative One
15. All Out Life
16. Duality
------------------
17. Spit It Out
18. Surfacing










I know this is shitty photo but it's the only one where is Sid

And the rest of my videos:



Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat