22. 6. 2019

KISS + ZZ Top live in Prague 19/6/2019


KISS arrived to say goodbye also to Prague. They were the main stars of Prague Rocks festival, together with ZZ TOP and BSP (czech band). You can think about KISS whatever you want but they ARE rock legends. With lots of their hits you just need to hear the first tones and you know what song is it. This makes them (and some other bands) legendary. I saw KISS four times and knowing this is the last time was a bit sad. But I was ready to enjoy the concert as much as I could. That day I arrived from a school trip (I'm a teacher) and I couldn't come early to the venue. I also had some health problems and couldn't wait a long time before the show. Somehow I was ready that I won't be somewhere in the front. Twice I saw KISS from the front rows and once I was in the first row but some crazy fans pushed so hard that I had to leave. So my last time was again from the back. But I had "the standing close to stage" ticket so it wasn't so big problem. 
Because of my health problems I missed BSP gig. BSP is a czech band and to be honest I wasn't interested into this one.


I came in the middle of ZZ TOP set. They celebrated their 50th anniversary! Two guirtarists and a drummer, this is ZZ Top. You can expect some good old southern rock. Nothing less, nothing more. ZZ Top don't need any pyros and all this stuff. They just play their music. I probably wouldn't go to their solo concert. But it was interesting to see them live. I know like 3 songs from them. And my favourite is "Sharp Dressed Man". And they didn't play "Viva Las Vegas" 😞

KISS should start to play at 9PM. What a surprise when they started the concert like 10 minutes earlier. Because lots of people just went to toilet or buy a drink before the concert start. With the famous speech 'You wanted the best, you got the best. The hottest band in the world.' KISS started the show with "Detroit Rock City" which is one of my favourite at all. They landed down the stage from the top standing on some little stages (or idk how to call it 😃). What belongs to all KISS concerts are pyros and flames and all kind of fireworks. And we got a lot of these. Some of the flames were incredibly high and long. I didn't see such a thing for a long time (Let's see what Rammstein will show us in one month at the same place). Even they can choose from many many songs, the setlist has changed just a little bit from the last time I saw them. I'm really happy they added "Heaven's On Fire" and "Calling Dr. Love" back. And it's really nice that "Say Yeah" stayed in the setlist since it's the only song from the latest era. It's from Sonic Boom album released in 2009. The rest of the songs were just old good hits like "Shout it Out Loud", "Deuce", "I Love it Loud" or "Lick it Up". And of course "God of Thunder", popular Gene's song where he splits the fake blood. Also another my favourite "Psycho Circus" was played. Paul sang two songs from the little stage in the middle of crowd - "Love Gun" and the band's biggest hit "I Was Made For Loving You". But the highlight of the concert (for me) came almost at the end. Eric Singer sat behind the piano and sang "Beth". It's hard to describe how I love this song. And I have to admit I was crying during it.

But the concert also had some negatives. Because the stadium is placed in the middle of the city, most of the concert was played by daylight. So not all laser and light effects were well seen. The next thing was not so good audience. At the place, where I was, people were mostly only stading and doing nothing. And not only there. Comon people, it's the last time you see KISS! Even I wasn't almost able to walk I tried really hard to party and sang along. And last thing it's not a big secret. Paul's voice isn't the best for some long time. And his singing parts were mostly singing by the crowd. We know that and we accept that when we visit KISS concert. I have also read that the sound wasn't good. But from my place it was very okay.
So KISS said their last goodbye. And even I really like this band I think it is about the time. I really really enjoyed the concert. But honestly, I already saw better concert of them. But one thing will never change. KISS WILL BE ROCK LEGENDS FOREVER!

Setlist
1. Detroit Rock City
2. Shout It Out Loud
3. Deuce
4. Say Yeay
5. I Love It Loud
6. Heaven's on Fire
7. War Machine
8. Lick It Up
9. Calling Dr. Love
10. 100,000 Years
11. Cold Gin
12. God of Thunder
13. Psycho Circus
14. Let Me Go, Rock 'N' Roll
15. Love Gun
16. I Was Made for Lovin' You
17. Black Diamond
------------------------
18. Beth
19. Crazy Crazy Nights
20. Rock and Roll All Nite



Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat