5. 6. 2019

Metalfest 31/5-2/6/2019

Powerwolf
Also this year we decided to go to METALFEST. Even I said I don't know if I wanna go there again because it's strarting to be too crowded. But this year there were so many awesome bands that we coudn't miss it. But before I start to write about the bands let me tell you something about the festival. This year it was sold out for the first time. This means 15 000 people if Attila from Powerwolf was right. And I really don't think this areal is made for such an amount of people. Yes, they added some stands with food and drinks. But that's not enough. I loved Metalfest because it was the place for some nice chilling time. You didn't have to stand for a long time to see the band because it's placed in amphitheatre. You could just sit on the bench and chill. But there are no more placest on the benches when you don't come soon. And I really don't want to talk about toilets. That was just bleh.... I really wish they would reduce the amount of tickets. But I know they won't becase money is money...


Friday 31/5

We arrived a bit later than we planned. So we just saw the end of KISSIN' DYNAMITE concert. I didn't mind because they will play a concert in Prague in autumn. So we just bought some drinks and found a nice place to stay to the end of the day. As the first band we saw there was SEPTICFLESH, one of my favourite band. It's always a bit pity they play by day light. The music would fit more into dark. I saw the band like 2 months ago. And the setlist was almost the same. But this time they played "Prometheus". Report about the gig you can read here. And as I wrote that I didn't meet band and I'll try to take a photo with Seth at Metalfest... so I did :D I met him after the meet&greet when he went back to backstage. He's really awesome man. And I also had a little chat about cats with Krimh, the drummer :D 
Septicflesh
AMORPHIS was the next. I haven't seen them live for a long time. So it was nice to hear some old hits. 
The next band there was HAMMERFALL. To be honest I'm not a fan of this band. So I was sitting the most of time and was just listening to. 

Powerwolf
Friday night was headlined by POWERWOLF. And I also think there were the most people from the all three days. People simply couldn't move any direction. I saw this show already last year so no big surprise for me. And they also played almost the same setlist. The show was again full of pyros and Attila's funny talk. But to be honest, it's still the same thing. I have sometimes the same problem with Lordi. 

Setlist
1. Fire and Forgive
2. Army of the Night
3. Incense & Iron
4. Amen & Attack
5. Let There Be Night
6. Demons Are a Girl's Best Friend
7. Killers With the Cross
8. Armata Strigoi
9. Blessed & Possessed
10. Where the Wild Wolves Have Gone
11. Resurrection by Erection
12. Stossgebet
13. Sanctified With Dynamite
14. Coleus Sanctus
15. Werewolves of Armenia
16. We Drink Your Blood

Saturday 1/6

Last day it was raining. But with Saturday it started to be really hot. We arrived during ELVENKING gig. We decided to watch some merch stands and I wanted to buy a scarf on my head because of the sun. So we saw GUG G performance just from the top of the hill. 
Beast in Black
We found our place on the bench right before BEAST IN BLACK concert. I love this band for a long time and I had no chance to see them live yet. So this was my first time and I was very curious about them. And they didn't disappoint me. Yannis is such an amazing singer. I only wonder why they don't hire any keyboard player when they use it a lot. But I really can't wait for their first solo concert in Czech in autumn. 

Then STRATOVARIUS isn't my cup of tea. I almost find them quite boring.

Cradle of Filth
Well, CRADLE OF FILTH was the next band. What to say? Honestly I was very curious about the gig. I heard many opinioins about Dani's singing. And I knew I will not probably like it :D The music and image of the band is amazing. I just don't like the way of singing style. I'm really glad I could see them. Honestly it was interesting change in the band's list at Metalfest. But one more weird thing. After 3 songs they had some technical problems and we had to wait quite a long time to continue. It's weird when the band, which is so long on the scene, can't just fulfill such a time with some talk etc. Yeah, Dani tried to tell some joke but... well, he tried :D

Amon Amarth
And finally the last band- AMON AMARTH. They released very good new album called Berserker and they also played few songs from it (Crack the sky, Raven's flight and Shield wall). But also good old songs and some of them I have never heard live, so that was cool. But again I already saw this show. It was again full of pyros, viking fighters and also Loki came to say hi. I can't wait to see them again in November with the brand new show. So raise your horns, vikings!

Setlist
1. The Pursuit of Vikings
2. Deceiver of the Gods
3. First Kill
4. The Way of Vikings
5. Asator
6. Cry of the Black Birds
7. Crack the Sky
8. War of the Gods
9. As Loke Falls
10. Legend of a Banished Man
11. Death in Fire
12. Shield Wall
13. Raven's Flight
14. Guardians of Asgaard
15. Raise Your Horns
16. Twilight of the Thunder God


Sunday 2/6

Sunday was hotter than previous day. So we didn't want to spend our time at the festival area. So we went to the Pilsen zoo which is just next to the festival. Becase we wanted to see the wolf who Powerwolf became godfathers. It's a tradition at this festival. Some band always becomes godfathers for some animal, like in the past Tarja for camel or Accept for giraffe.

The 69 Eyes
So we came at the beginning of THE 69 EYES set. I saw those Helsinki vampires already few times  but always at the festival. And I think they are better to play in the clubs.

Korpiklaani
KORPIKLAANI is always fun to watch. I don't know of to hear becase they are one of the band who is better on CD and not live. But the crowd is always crazy to scream "Beer Beer" and "Vodka" together with them.


Dee Snider
But then the storm came. The storm called DEE (FUCKING) SNIDER. This man is 64 years old and he didn't stop rocking for any second of his set! He played some of his new songs but also Twisted Sister songs. And he's funny guy as well. I always love how he can give people roasting. This time it was to people who were just sitting and doing nothing. And he was right. His gig was the best from the last day of festival.

Setlist
1. Lies Are a Business
2. You Can't Stop Rock 'n' Roll (Twisted Sister song)
3. Tomorrow's No Concern
4. American Made
5. Burn in Hell (Twisted Sister song)
6. The Kids Are Back (Twisted Sister song)
7. I Am the Hurricane
8. We're Not Gonna Take It (Twisted Sister song)
9. The Beast (Twisted Sister song)
10. I Wanna Rock (Twisted Sister song)
11. For the Love of Metal
12. Highway to Hell (AC/DC cover)

The last band of the whole festival was ARCH ENEMY. I'm not a big lover of this band. I like few songs. And because we wanted to leave the festival and go home before it ends we just went to buy some food and and we watched some songs from the top of amphitheatre.

What to say at the end? I really like this festival but I don't like how it is crowded in the last few years. It's very possible I'll go there again next year. BUT... And the best performaces this year for me? Amon Amarth, Beast in Black, Dee Snider and Septicflesh and yeah, Powerwolf too. 

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat