8. 7. 2019

Pekelný ostrov festival 6/7/2019 (Lordi)


Finally that day came and we left for Pekelný ostrov festival. This festival is mostly focused on czech bands. But this year they also invited LORDI as the headliner for Saturday. At first I wasn't sure if I will go there. But then something happened. The bass player OX announced he's leaving the band after summer festivals. And since that time I was sure I need to go there. Because I simply coudn't miss to see OX for the last time on the stage. So we arrived just before the gates were openned and with bunch of my friends we started to occupy the front line. First it seemed to be very unpleasant because the sun was shining and it was fucking hot. But later it started to be more cloudy and it also rained for a while. Also the festival has two stages. So when no-one played on "our" stage we could sit down and rest a bit. We also had luck that the bands were quite okay so the time was running fast.
I will not talk a lot about the czech bands. But there are two of them I need to write a word about. I saw TRAUTENBERK live for the first time and it was hell of fun. It seems they really have lots of fans here. Because during their concert people went really crazy. Even security guys had to hold the barriers to not fall down. 


And the second czech band was DYMYTRY, czech masked band. I found really funny they play before Lordi. But the music style is very different. Dymytry is also very popular band in Czech. At the end of concert I got a signed poster of the drummer Milos Meier who is really an amazing drummer. Check him at his youtube channel


But after Dymytry there was already time for one and only LORDI. The set of Lordi was only one hour long so they played only their biggest hits. They started with "Sexorcism" as always on this tour, followed by "Would You Love a Monsterman". Mr. Lordi had some typical speech "what I can say in czech language". But this time he added some new words like prdel (ass) and kozy (boobs). Thumb up for you, (monster)man 😄 Before the festival I wasn't sure how the crowd will be. People who visit this festival aren't typical Lordi fans (I guess) but people were awesome. I could hear shouting the song's names all around me. And when I watch Amen's live stream on his insta I also could see the crowd on fire. I don't wonder Lordi really love to play here in Czech. And as Mr. Lordi always says that Czech Republic is like second home for them 💓 After "Naked in My Cellar" there was OX time with his bass solo. I think it was a bit different than on tour in autumn. I really tried to enjoy every second of it. After solo they played "Hug You Hardcore" and my favourite live song "The Riff". Afer that Mr. Lordi started talking about daddies and the crowd started to chant "Who's your Daddy, Who's your Daddy".... incredible! With the first tones of "Hard Rock Hallelujah" I was thinking "What? It can't be almost over. Please NOT!". But it was. The most memorable moment was when OX stayed alone on the stage and gave a bow. I won't lie I had tears in my eyes.


For all Lordi monstermaniacs over there... if you had a chance to see Lordi at summer festivals, do it! I know Lordi had Kalma before OX but for me OX is the main bass player of Lordi. And I know I will get used to the new guy, but OX will be truly missed. Don't miss your last chance to see him. So bye bye Oxie-boy. And good luck in your future work 💓

Setlist
1. Sexorcism
2. Would You Love a Monsterman
3. Blood Red Sandman
4. It Snows in Hell
5. Naked in My Cellar
Ox bass solo
6. Hug You Hardcore
7. The Riff
8. Who's Your Daddy
9. Devil Is a Loser
10. Hard Rock Hallelujah


For more photo visit my fanpage MONSTERLAND.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat