15. 9. 2018

Festivals & (czech) fans


It's again that time of year when the festivals announce the first bands/artists. And it's also the time when the fans start to complain about it. Like "still the same bands? don't you know anything new?" etc. etc., you know that. Okay, I understand they can be a bit upset when they visit festivals very often and saw those bands many times. Me too. I saw many bands but do I complain? No! When there is a band I don't wanna see I just go and do something else, like have a food, watch the merch... 
I write this because Metalfest just announced the bands for 2019. I'm very happy with the bands. I will finally see Beast in Black live (it's also their first solo gig in Czech and not as a support!). And also Dee Snider. Last time I saw him with Twisted Sister at Masters of Rock some years ago. And Amon Amarth is simply love.
You know, I think it's very hard to invite some new bands that didn't play at any czech festivals. And I think it's also the question of money here. That means the tickets are quite cheap compare to other big abroad festivals. Does it mean if the tickets were more expensive, people would be happier? I hardly doubt. They would complain about the price. I saw that before Aerodrome festival here. The tickets were more expensive than we are used to and people complained. But there were also the bands that never played at any other czech festivals. So is this a way? I don't think so. I think it's good we have a lot of festivals here and we can choose where to go. You can choose cheaper festival but with the bands you already know and saw. And you can go to the festival with big names and you will pay for it. Or you can also travel abroad, of course. Like me. Ghost just announced their EU tour and again (and surprisely) no Czech. So I seriously think about going to Hamburg to see them finally live. 

Is the same in your country? Do the fans complain the same as here? Or is it just a czech thing? I really would like to know....

1 komentář:

  1. It's pretty much the same in Germany. If the ticket prices are too high everyone is complaining and the line up is always the same too. I guess there is no way to make everyone happy.
    That's why I'm trying to make myself happy and have a good time. Life's too short to complain about things like that. People should start to enjoy life instead.

    OdpovědětVymazat