30. 11. 2019

Skillet + Devour the Day live in Prague 28/11/2019

On Thursday 28th November my another music dream came true. I could finally see SKILLET live. I know they play in Czech quite often but somehow I always missed their gig. But not this time. In the moment they started to sell the tickets I bought mine. Skillet is a bit different band among the bands I normally listen to. Because they call themselves a christian band and many of their songs are dedicated to God or Jesus. Well, I'm neither a Christian nor any other religion believer (well, sometimes I believe in mighty Thor 😃 ), but I simply like their music. Because the topics of their songs are often about believing in yourself and don't giving up. And everything is packed in good rock show. Do you need more? 
Yes, I needed more this time. When I found out they also have meet&greet for very fair price (45€) I was sure about buying it. And they were well spent money. We got singed photo and we had also early entry. Again Skillet tour manager was really nice and explained us everything important. We could shake the hands or hug them. We also could have a short talk with them. Then the band came. They were smiling and the photoshoot could start. I and my friends were among the first people in the line. When it was my turn I came to band, hugged them and said them that I'm very happy I can finally see them live, that it's my first time. They were very nice personally. I have to say they are one of the nicest people in the music industry I've ever met. Then the tour manager took a photo of us. I stood next to John. Good that my friend, who went before me, asked if she can stand next to him. Because people mostly stood between the girls, Jen and Korey, and they are both very small. I would look like a giant between them. It looks better next to John who is a bit taller than me. You can judge by yourself:


Devour the Day
Fotunately they let us to stay inside and we occupied a place in the front row. This is really good option to be in the front row without any nerves. The support band DEVOUR THE DAY started to play at 7:30PM. The band is also from US as Skillet. I didn't listen to any of their songs before the concert. So I was really surprised how good they are. I really liked their set. They also played a cover of Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit"

SKILLET started the concert at 8:45PM with the hit song "Feel Invicible". Most of the songs were from the last two albums: "Unleashed" and the new one "Victorious". Interesting fact is they started to be more popular with their sixth album "Comatose", so we didn't hear any of the songs from the albums before this one. From the new album we heard "You Ain't Ready" as the first one and then the first singl "Legendary". I was waiting mainly for "Back From The Dead". John was changing his place- he was standing behind the mic and playing the bass or singing and jumping around the stage. One fan in the crowd was holding a drawed picture of John and he signed it and gave it back to her. This was really cool. You could simply feel they are really kind people even from stage. Before the song "Victorious" John had very nice and touching speech about Chester Bennington from Linkin Park and how the world is worse without him. He also said this song is for all people who feel lonely and depressed. This was only moment when the crowd went quite. Because during whole concert the atmosphere in the hall was incredible. 
I didn't expect a lot from this concert because I have never seen them live before. But this was really a night to remember. Not only because the music, but also because the people on the stage. You could feel they love their work and they really love their fans. I can only recommend you to see them live. You  won't regret this. 

Setlist
1 .Feel Invincible
2. Not Gonna Die
3. You Ain't Ready
4. Whispers in the Dark
5. Legendary
6. Lions
7. Awake and Alive
8. Back From the Dead
9. Save Me (+drum solo)
10. Hero
11. Anchor
12. Undefeated
13. Victorious
14. Stars
15. Comatose
16. Monster
17. Rebirthing
-------------------
18. The Resistance







Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat